Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A water supply.
2. A river and all its tributaries.
1. (Physical Geography) a river and all its tributaries
2. (Civil Engineering) a system for supplying water to a community
1. a river and all its branches.
2. a system of supplying water, as throughout a metropolitan area.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||water system - a river and all of its tributaries|
system, scheme - a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole; "a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going"
river - a large natural stream of water (larger than a creek); "the river was navigable for 50 miles"
|2.||water system - a facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"|
facility, installation - a building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry; "the assembly plant is an enormous facility"
infrastructure, base - the stock of basic facilities and capital equipment needed for the functioning of a country or area; "the industrial base of Japan"
water main - main (a pipe or conduit) for conveying water