Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A place where animals find water to drink.
2. A health resort with mineral springs; a spa.
3. Informal A watering hole.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Human Geography) a place where drinking water for men or animals may be obtained
2. (Human Geography) Brit a spa
3. (Human Geography) Brit a seaside resort
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a seaside or lakeside vacation resort.
2. a health resort near mineral springs, a lake, or the sea, featuring therapeutic baths, water cures, or the like; spa.
3. a spring or water hole containing drinking water.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||watering place - a health resort near a spring or at the seaside|
pump room - a pump house at a spa where medicinal waters are pumped and where patrons gather
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.