weaving(redirected from weavingly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to weavingly: Hair weaving
v. wove (wōv), wo·ven (wō′vən), weav·ing, weaves
a. To make (cloth) by interlacing the threads of the weft and the warp on a loom.
b. To interlace (threads, for example) into cloth.
2. To construct by interlacing or interweaving strips or strands of material: weave a basket.
a. To interweave or combine (elements) into a complex whole: wove the incidents into a story.
b. To contrive (something complex or elaborate) in this way: weave a tale.
4. To introduce (another element) into a complex whole; work in: wove folk tunes into the symphony.
5. To attach hair extensions to (hair).
6. To spin (a web, for example).
7. past tense & past participle often weaved To make (a path or way) by winding in and out or from side to side: weaved our way through the heavy traffic.
a. To engage in weaving; make cloth.
b. To work at a loom.
2. past tense and past participle often weaved To move in and out or sway from side to side.
1. The pattern, method of weaving, or construction of a fabric: a twill weave; a loose weave.
2. A hairstyle in which hair extensions are attached to existing strands of hair.