Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. One who vacations or visits on a weekend.
2. A small suitcase or bag for carrying clothing and toiletries for a weekend.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person spending a weekend holiday in a place, esp habitually
2. (Building) Austral a house, shack, etc, occupied only at weekends, for holidays, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person who goes on a weekend vacation.
2. a weekend guest.
3. a traveling bag large enough to carry the clothing and personal items needed for a weekend trip.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||weekender - someone who vacations on a weekend|
|2.||weekender - a small suitcase to carry clothing and accessories for a weekend trip|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.