well-rounded(redirected from well rounded)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Comprehensively developed and well-balanced in a range or variety of aspects: a well-rounded scholar; a well-rounded curriculum.
2. Having a fully developed or shapely figure.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj (well rounded when postpositive)
1. rounded in shape or well developed: a well-rounded figure.
2. full, varied, and satisfying: a well-rounded life.
3. well planned and balanced: a well-rounded programme.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. having desirably varied abilities or attainments.
2. desirably varied: a well-rounded curriculum.
3. fully developed; well-balanced.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||well-rounded - many-sided; "an all-around athlete"; "a well-rounded curriculum"|
comprehensive - including all or everything; "comprehensive coverage"; "a comprehensive history of the revolution"; "a comprehensive survey"; "a comprehensive education"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.