Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Adequately versed in a subject.
2. Having a sound basis; well-founded.
adj (well grounded when postpositive)
1. (Education) well instructed in the basic elements of a subject
2. another term for well-founded
1. based on good reasons; well-founded: well-grounded suspicions.
2. well or thoroughly instructed in the basic principles of a subject: well-grounded in mathematics.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||well-grounded - logically valid; "a sound argument"|
valid - well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force; "a valid inference"; "a valid argument"; "a valid contract"
1. Possessing, proceeding from, or exhibiting good judgment and prudence: