Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to well-turned: good turn
1. Shapely: a well-turned ankle.
2. Concisely or aptly expressed: a well-turned phrase.
3. Expertly rounded or turned: a well-turned bedpost.
adj (well turned when postpositive)
1. (of a phrase, speech, etc) apt and pleasingly sonorous
2. having a pleasing shape: a well-turned leg.
1. gracefully shaped: a well-turned ankle.
2. gracefully and concisely expressed: a well-turned phrase.
3. turned or contoured skillfully or smoothly: a well-turned archway.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||well-turned - of a pleasing shape; "a well-turned ankle"|
shapely - having a well-proportioned and pleasing shape; "a slim waist and shapely legs"
|2.||well-turned - (of language) aptly and pleasingly expressed; "a well-turned phrase"|
language, linguistic communication - a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols; "he taught foreign languages"; "the language introduced is standard throughout the text"; "the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written"
felicitous - exhibiting an agreeably appropriate manner or style; "a felicitous speaker"