wheel horse(redirected from wheel horses)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A horse in a team that is harnessed immediately in front of the front wheels of the vehicle being drawn.
2. A diligent, dependable worker, especially in a political organization.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Automotive Engineering) another word for wheeler1
2. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) US and Canadian a person who works steadily or hard
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Also called wheeler. a horse, or one of the horses, harnessed behind others and nearest the front wheels of a vehicle.
2. Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a reliable, diligent, and strong worker.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.