wheel horse(redirected from wheel horses)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A horse in a team that is harnessed immediately in front of the front wheels of the vehicle being drawn.
2. A diligent, dependable worker, especially in a political organization.
1. (Automotive Engineering) another word for wheeler1
2. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) US and Canadian a person who works steadily or hard
1. Also called wheeler. a horse, or one of the horses, harnessed behind others and nearest the front wheels of a vehicle.
2. Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a reliable, diligent, and strong worker.