References in periodicals archive ?
there's something in the wind / Whene'er we meet a Bottom!' This focus on bodies and flatulence reveals a bawdy attitude in 1830s Scottish political poetry, an attitude which complicates critical consensus on the development of satirical poetry in the 1830s, discussed in the introduction of this article.
Whene'er my Muse does on me glance, I jingle at her (p.
I'm fond of pomp and pageantry, Of dance and youthful jollity; Am with the hero in his car, And give fresh courage for the war; Tumultuous crouds, whene'er I call, Silence each rude contentious brawl.
But the very next lines retrieve the mastery of the beginning: Oh sir, she smiled, no doubt Whene'er I passed her; but who passed without Much the same smile?
(26) For Keats, however, the swan is not the helpmeet to the aspiring immortal poet, but his natural double: "Just like that bird am I in loss of time, / Whene'er I venture on the stream of rhyme" (15-16).
Santa Filomena Whene'er a noble deed is wrought, Whene'er is spoken a noble thought, Our hearts, in glad surprise, To higher levels rise.
Speak a word of kindness, And smile whene'er you can; Your words will not fall useless, They will only win you friends.
This is the very spirit in which they deal With the whole compass of the universe: They from their native selves can send abroad Kindred mutations; for themselves create A like existence, and whene'er it dawns Created for them, catch it, or are caught By its inevitable mastery, Like angels stopped upon the wing by sound Of harmony from Heaven's remotest spheres.
Yet even today many find peace and tranquillity here: "Whene'er I walk in Ystrad Fflur / My woes, all disappear." She then meanders calmly through Cors Caron Bog, dropping five inches within seven miles.
'Whene'er the nuptial knot is duly ty'd That makes PHROSYNE DEMO's lovely bride, From ALI's hands (thy second father now) Richly the portion of the bride shall flow!' (1.
John Donne, although writing considerably earlier than Marvell, already goes beyond rhetorical or conceptual play on the apophatic to insist in his poem "Negative Love" (published 1633) that the greatest love cannot be portrayed by what can be named, or rather, cannot be portrayed because it cannot be named: I never stooped so low, as they Which on an eye, cheek, lip, can prey, Seldom to them, which soar no higher Than virtue or the mind to admire, For sense, and understanding may Know, what gives fuel to their fire: My love, though silly, is more brave, For may I miss, whene'er I crave, If I know yet what I would have.
I muse, as in a trance, whene'er The languors of thy love-deep eyes Float on to me.
Dictionary browser ?
- When is the news?
- When is the next bus to ...?
- When is the next sailing to ...?
- When is the next train to ...?
- When is the palace open?
- When is the temple open?
- When is the train due?
- When should we be back on board?
- When should we be back on the bus?
- when the time comes
- When will he be discharged?
- When will I be discharged?
- When will it be ready?
- When will lunch be ready?
- When will the car be ready?
- When will the CD be ready?
- When will the photos be ready?
- When will the road be clear?
- When will you have finished?
- Where are the beginners' slopes?
- Where are the changing rooms?
- Where are the clothes lockers?
- Where are the fitting rooms?
- Where are the restrooms?
- Where are the showers?
- Where are the toilets?
- Where are the washing machines?
- Where are we?
- Where are you from?
- Where are you staying?
- Where away
- Where can I book a court?
- Where can I breast-feed the baby?
- Where can I buy a bus card?
- Where can I buy a magazine?
- Where can I buy a map of the area?
Full browser ?
- when you've read one, you've read them all
- when you've seen one (something), you've seen them all
- when you've seen one you've seen them all
- when you've seen one, you've seen them all
- when you've seen, heard, etc. one, you've seen, heard, etc. them all
- when you've watched one, you've watched them all
- when your back is turned
- when your boat comes in
- When Your Computer Gets A Nervous Breakdown
- When Your Heartstrings Break
- when your ship comes home
- when your ship comes in
- when your ship/boat comes in
- When's the Funeral
- When, Where, How and Why
- When, Where, Who, What, Why and How
- when/if push comes to shove
- whenever (one) farts
- whenever (one) turns around
- whenever farts
- whenever he farts
- whenever he turns around
- whenever I fart
- whenever I turn around
- whenever one farts
- whenever one turns around
- whenever she farts
- whenever she turns around
- whenever somebody farts
- whenever somebody turns around
- whenever someone farts
- whenever someone turns around
- whenever the fancy takes
- whenever the fancy takes (one)
- whenever the fancy takes her
- whenever the fancy takes him
- whenever the fancy takes me
- whenever the fancy takes one
- whenever the fancy takes somebody
- whenever the fancy takes someone
- whenever the fancy takes them