Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A worsted fabric with a distinct diagonal rib.
2. A strong twisted or braided cord sometimes used in making whiplashes.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Textiles) a strong worsted or cotton fabric with a diagonally ribbed surface
2. (Textiles) a closely twisted hard cord used for the lashes of whips, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a cotton, woolen, or worsted fabric with a steep, diagonally ribbed surface.
2. a strong, hard-twisted cord of hemp or catgut.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||whipcord - closely twisted hard cord used for the lashes of whips|
cord - a line made of twisted fibers or threads; "the bundle was tied with a cord"
|2.||whipcord - a strong worsted or cotton fabric with a diagonal rib|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
whipcord[ˈwɪpkɔːd] N → tralla f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005