Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to white goods: Brown goods
1. White fabrics, usually of cotton or linen.
2. Household merchandise, as bed sheets and curtains, formerly made from white fabrics, but now often colored.
3. Large household appliances, as ovens and refrigerators, formerly finished with white enamel, but now often colored.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Marketing) marketing large household appliances, such as refrigerators, cookers. Compare brown goods
2. (Textiles) household linen such as sheets, towels, tablecloths, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. household goods, as bed sheets and towels, formerly white but now often colored.
2. bleached goods, esp. cotton or linen fabrics.
3. large household appliances, as refrigerators, that are often finished in white.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||white goods - large electrical home appliances (refrigerators or washing machines etc.) that are typically finished in white enamel|
electric range - a kitchen range in which the heat for cooking is provided by electric power
automatic washer, washing machine, washer - a home appliance for washing clothes and linens automatically
|2.||white goods - drygoods for household use that are typically made of white cloth|
ironing - garments (clothes or linens) that are to be (or have been) ironed; "there was a basketful of ironing to do"
linen - white goods or clothing made with linen cloth
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.