white tie(redirected from white ties)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A white bow tie worn as a part of formal evening dress.
2. Formal evening wear, usually requiring a tailcoat for men and an evening gown for women. White tie is considered the most formal category of evening wear.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a white bow tie worn as part of a man's formal evening dress
2. (Clothing & Fashion)
a. formal evening dress for men
b. (as modifier): a white-tie occasion.
1. a white bow tie, worn with formal evening dress.
2. formal evening dress for men (disting. from black tie).
requiring that male guests wear formal attire.
A white bow tie worn by men as part of formal evening dress.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||white tie - bow tie worn as part of a man's formal evening dress|
|2.||white tie - formalwear consisting of full evening dress for men|
evening clothes, evening dress, eveningwear, formalwear - attire to wear on formal occasions in the evening