Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
The sale of goods in large quantities, as for resale by a retailer.
1. Of, relating to, or engaged in the sale of goods in large quantities for resale: a wholesale produce market; wholesale goods; wholesale prices.
2. Made or accomplished extensively and indiscriminately; blanket: wholesale destruction.
1. In large bulk or quantity.
2. Extensively; indiscriminately.
v. whole·saled, whole·sal·ing, whole·sales
To sell in large quantities for resale.
1. To engage in wholesale selling.
2. To be sold wholesale.
(Commerce) the practice of selling goods at wholesale