Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. The practice of accepting payment in exchange for sexual relations; prostitution.
a. Unlawful sexual relations.
b. Promiscuous sex.
3. Bible Unfaithfulness to God; idolatry.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the activity of whoring or state of being a whore
2. (Theology) a biblical word for idolatry
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
whore•dom(ˈhɔr dəm, ˈhoʊr-; often ˈhʊər-)
1. the act or practice of whoring.
2. (in the Bible) idolatry.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Bible. the worship of idols instead of God; idolatry.See also: Images, Religion
the act or practice of prostitution.See also: Sex
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.