References in classic literature ?
Now, though I was perhaps the least observant person in the troop, I was not the least wideawake where Corporal Connal was concerned, and it struck me at once that we were heading in the wrong direction.
But this beauty goes one better than the poison; that was wilful waste; but I'll eat my wideawake if our loss last night wasn't the enemy's double gain!
Sometimes these correspondents assumed facetious names, as the Brick, Bellows, Old Gooseberry, Wideawake, Snooks, Mops, Cutaway, the Dogs-meat Man; but he considered this in bad taste, and was always a little hurt by it.
The black dress, gold cross on the watch-chain, the hairless face, and the soft, black wideawake hat would have marked him as a holy man anywhere in all India.
"It ain't for a common man to set up his opinion again' a gentleman wot have profesh'nal knowledge of the heavens, as one may say," said the man, "but I would 'umbly offer to bet my umbrellar to his wideawake that it don't cease raining this side of seven o'clock."
well you get the idea) we were rudely woken at 7.30 in the morning by a wideawake six-year-old using our bed as a trampoline.
Dr Jarvis says: "Mixing alcohol with energy drinks can be a dangerous combination - making people 'wideawake drunk', creating a false sense of security."
READY Hercules XV197 and XV200 at Wideawake Airfield for Operation Mikado
Called the Wideawake airfield after the noisy colony of sooty terns that it partly supplanted, it's one of the world's longest, at more than three kilometres.
Getting as close as possible to the white water with your cast was important so a wideawake guide was essential to position the boat and the read the swells.
The tendency to 'domesticate' and naturalize the work in terms of traditional narration is exactly what Joyce strove to avoid by writing Finnegans Wake--for as he writes in a letter to Harriet Shaw Weaver: "One great part of every human existence is passed in a state which cannot be rendered sensible by the use of wideawake language, cutanddry grammar and goahead plot" (Letters 146).
Two specially prepared Vulcans were flown to Wideawake airfield on the Ascension Islands, along with eleven Victor tankers in support.
Dictionary browser ?
- Widal test
- Widal's test
- wide area network
- wide boy
- Wide gauge
- wide of the mark
- wide open
- wide receiver
- wide screen
- wide wale
- wide-angle lens
- wide-area network
- widebody aircraft
- wide-body aircraft
- widegrip pushup
- widely distributed
- widen out
Full browser ?
- Wide-Range Monitor
- Wide-Ranging Online Data for Epidemiological Research
- Wide-Row Sowing
- Wide-Screen Motion Picture
- Wide-Sense Convolutional Self-Doubly Orthogonal Code
- Wide-sense cyclostationary
- Wide-Sense Equal Error Protection Punctured Code
- Wide-Sense Non-Blocking Network
- Wide-sense stationary
- Wide-Sense Stationary - Uncorrelated Scattering
- Wide-Sense Stationary Uncorrelated Scattering
- Wide-Specific Repeated Probe
- Wide-Spectrum Screening Keratin
- Wide-Swath Ocean Altimeter
- wide-throw hinge
- Wide-Waisted Gaussian Beam
- Wide-Web Coal Mining
- Widearea Infrared Explorer
- Wideband / Backhaul
- Wideband / Narrowband
- Wideband Acoustic Data Relay
- Wideband Acoustic Recall
- Wideband Acoustic Signal Processing
- Wideband Acquisition & Receiving Subsystem
- Wideband Adaptive Multi-Rate
- Wideband Advanced Recorder Processor
- Wideband Analog Signal Processor
- Wideband and Broadband Digital Cross-Connect
- Wideband Antijam Modem System
- Wideband ATM
- wideband audio
- Wideband Autocorellating Spectrometer
- Wideband Buffer Computer
- Wideband Cable Modem
- Wideband Cable Modem Termination System
- Wideband Cancellation of Interference
- WideBand Certified Network Instructor's Instructor
- Wideband Channel
- Wideband Code Division Multiple Access
- Wideband Coherent
- Wideband Communications