Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A plant, especially a seedling, that is growing wild or has escaped from cultivation. Also called wildling.
2. The act or practice of going about in a group threatening, robbing, or attacking others.
Growing wild; not cultivated.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Botany) an uncultivated plant, esp the crab apple, or a cultivated plant that has become wild
2. (Zoology) a wild animal
(Biography) (Frederick) Anthony. 1883–1915, New Zealand tennis player; Wimbledon singles champion (1910–1913) and doubles champion (1907–08, 1910, 1913)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a wild apple tree.
2. its fruit.
3. any plant that grows wild.
4. a plant originally cultivated that now grows wild; an escape.
5. a wild animal.
6. a spree of violent criminal activity.adj.
7. not cultivated or domesticated; wild.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||wilding - a wild uncultivated plant (especially a wild apple or crabapple tree)|
|2.||wilding - an outrageous rampage usually involving sexual attacks by men on women|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.