Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Blown or dispersed by the wind: windblown pollen.
2. Growing or shaped in a manner governed by the prevailing winds: windblown scrub pines.
3. Cut short and curled or combed toward the front of the head: a windblown hairstyle.
1. blown by the wind
2. (Hairdressing & Grooming) (of a woman's hair style) cut short and combed to look as though it has been dishevelled by the wind
3. (Botany) (of trees, shrubs, etc) growing in a shape determined by the prevailing winds
4. (Forestry) NZ (of trees) felled by the wind
1. blown by the wind: windblown hair.
2. (of trees) growing in a certain shape because of strong prevailing winds.
3. (of a woman's hairstyle) cut short in layers and combed forward so as to seem tousled by the wind: a windblown bob.