windshield(redirected from windshields)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A pane of usually curved glass or other transparent shielding mounted in front of the occupants of a vehicle to protect them from the wind.
2. A shield placed to protect an object from the wind.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Automotive Engineering) US and Canadian the sheet of flat or curved glass that forms a window of a motor vehicle, esp the front window. Also called (in Britain and certain other countries): windscreen
2. (Physical Geography) an object designed to shield something from the wind
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a shield of glass, in one or more sections, projecting above and across the dashboard of a vehicle.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||windshield - transparent screen (as of glass) to protect occupants of a vehicle|
aeroplane, airplane, plane - an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets; "the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
screen - a protective covering consisting of netting; can be mounted in a frame; "they put screens in the windows for protection against insects"; "a metal screen protected the observers"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
kính chắn gió
windshield[ˈwɪndʃiːld] n (US) → pare-brise m inv, pare-brise mwindshield wiper (US) n → essuie-glace m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
windshield→ حَاجِبَة čelní sklo forrude Windschutzscheibe παρμπρίζ parabrisas tuulilasi pare-brise prednje staklo parabrezza フロントガラス 앞유리 voorruit frontrute przednia szyba pára-brisa, pára-brisas лобовое стекло vindruta กระจกหน้ารถ ön cam kính chắn gió 风挡玻璃
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009
- Could you add some windshield wiper fluid? (US)
Can you top up the windscreen washers? (UK)
- Could you clean the windshield? (US)
Could you clean the windscreen? (UK)
- The windshield is broken (US)
The windscreen is broken (UK)
Collins Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009