Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to wingtip: Wingtip vortices
wing·tipalso wing tip (wĭng′tĭp′)
a. An often perforated shoe part that covers the toe and extends backward along the sides of the shoe from a point at the center.
b. A style of shoe having such a tip.
2. The tip of a wing, as of a flying animal or an aircraft.
1. (Aeronautics) the outermost edge of a wing
2. (Zoology) the outermost edge of a wing
or wing′ tip`,
1. the far or outer end of an airplane wing, wing of a bird, or the like.
2. the portion of a bird's folded wing formed by the part of the primary feathers extending beyond the secondary feathers.
3. a toecap, often with a perforated pattern, having a point at the center and side pieces that extend backward.
4. a style of shoe with such a toe.