Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Relating to or characteristic of witchcraft.
2. Having the power to charm or enchant; bewitching.
1. (Alternative Belief Systems) relating to or appropriate for witchcraft
2. rare bewitching
(Alternative Belief Systems) witchcraft; magic
1. the use or practice of witchcraft.
2. fascination; charm; enchantment.adj.
3. of, characterized by, or suitable for sorcery or black magic: a witching potion.
4. enchanting; fascinating.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||witching - the use or practice of witchcraft|
practice - the exercise of a profession; "the practice of the law"; "I took over his practice when he retired"
|Adj.||1.||witching - possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers; "charming incantations"; "magic signs that protect against adverse influence"; "a magical spell"; "'tis now the very witching time of night"- Shakespeare; "wizard wands"; "wizardly powers"|
supernatural - not existing in nature or subject to explanation according to natural laws; not physical or material; "supernatural forces and occurrences and beings"
1. Having, brought about by, or relating to supernatural powers or magic: