Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. (Animals) a European woodland warbler, Phylloscopus sibilatrix, with a dull yellow plumage
2. (Animals) another name for the American warbler. See warbler3
1. Also called wood warbler. any of numerous small New World songbirds of the subfamily Parulinae (family Emberizidae), many species of which are brightly colored.
2. any of numerous small, chiefly Old World songbirds of the subfamily Sylviinae (family Muscicapidae).
3. a person or thing that warbles.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||wood warbler - small bright-colored American songbird with a weak unmusical song|
warbler - a small active songbird
northern parula, Parula americana, parula warbler - small grey-blue wood warbler with yellow throat and breast; of eastern North America
flycatching warbler - any of numerous American wood warblers that feed on insects caught on the wing
Cape May warbler, Dendroica tigrina - North American wood warbler; olive green and yellow striped with black
Dendroica petechia, golden warbler, yellow warbler, yellowbird - yellow-throated American wood warbler
Blackburn, Blackburnian warbler, Dendroica fusca - black-and-white North American wood warbler having an orange-and-black head and throat
water thrush - brownish North American warbler found near streams
yellowthroat - small olive-colored American warblers with yellow breast and throat
|2.||wood warbler - European woodland warbler with dull yellow plumage|