Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms.
adj. wood·i·er, wood·i·est
1. Forming or consisting of wood; ligneous: woody tissue.
2. Marked by the presence of wood or xylem: woody plants.
3. Characteristic or suggestive of wood: a woody smell.
4. Abounding in trees; wooded.
n. also wood·ie (wo͝od′ē) pl. wood·ies
1. A station wagon with exterior wood paneling.
2. Vulgar Slang An erection of the penis.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||woodiness - the quality of abounding in trees|
quality - an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone; "the quality of mercy is not strained"--Shakespeare
|2.||woodiness - texture produced by the fibers in wood|
grain - the direction, texture, or pattern of fibers found in wood or leather or stone or in a woven fabric; "saw the board across the grain"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.