Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to woolen: woollen
wool·enalso wool·len (wo͝ol′ən)
1. Made or consisting of wool.
2. Of or relating to the production or marketing of woolen goods.
n. often woolens
Fabric or clothing made from wool.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. any cloth of carded wool yarn of which the fibers vary in length: bulkier, looser, and less regular than worsted.
2. woolens, wool cloth or clothing.adj.
3. made or consisting of wool: woolen cloth.
4. of or pertaining to wool or woolen fabrics.Also, esp. Brit.,wool′len.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||woolen - a fabric made from the hair of sheep|
cloth, fabric, textile, material - artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers; "the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent"; "woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC"; "she measured off enough material for a dress"
tweed - thick woolen fabric used for clothing; originated in Scotland
|Adj.||1.||woolen - of or related to or made of wool; "a woolen sweater"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
làm bằng len
woolen→ صُوفيّ vlněný ulden aus Wolle μάλλινος de lana villa- laineux vunen di lana 毛織りの 양모의 wollen ull- wełniany de lã шерстяной ylle- ทำจากขนสัตว์ yünlü làm bằng len 羊毛制的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009