Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. Not expressed in words; unspoken: wordless animosity; wordless joy.
2. Inarticulate; silent: wordless spectators.
1. inarticulate or silent
2. (Music, other) music of or relating to vocal music that is not provided with an articulated text: a wordless chorus.
1. speechless; silent.
2. not put into words; unexpressed.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||wordless - expressed without speech; "a mute appeal"; "a silent curse"; "best grief is tongueless"- Emily Dickinson; "the words stopped at her lips unsounded"; "unspoken grief"; "choking exasperation and wordless shame"- Thomas Wolfe|
1. Not voiced or expressed:
2. Conveyed indirectly without words or speech:
Idiom: taken for granted.