Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. (Building) an area in an office where one person works
2. (Computer Science) computing a device or component of an electronic office system consisting of a display screen and keyboard used to handle electronic office work
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a work or office area assigned to one person, often one accommodating a computer terminal or other electronic equipment.
2. a computer terminal or microcomputer connected to a mainframe, minicomputer, or data-processing network.
3. a powerful microcomputer, often with a high-resolution display, used for computer-aided design, electronic publishing, or other graphics-intensive processing.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.