wormseed(redirected from wormseeds)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. A tropical American plant (Dysphania ambrosioides syn. Chenopodium ambrosioides) having leaves used as a seasoning and yielding an oil used as an anthelmintic. Also called epazote, Mexican tea.
2. Any of several other plants used as an anthelmintic.
1. (Plants) any of various plants having seeds or other parts used in medicine to treat worm infestation, esp an American chenopodiaceous plant, Chenopodium anthelminticum (or C. ambrosioides) (American wormseed), and the santonica plant
2. (Pharmacology) the part of any of these plants that is used as an anthelmintic
1. the dried flower heads of a wormwood, Artemisia cina, or the fruit of certain goosefoots, esp. Chenopodium ambrosioides, used as an anthelmintic drug.
2. any of these plants.