worshipful(redirected from worshipfulness)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Given to or expressive of worship; reverent or adoring.
2. Chiefly British Used as a respectful form of address.
1. feeling or showing reverence or adoration
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (often capital) chiefly Brit a title used to address or refer to various people or bodies of distinguished rank, such as mayors and certain ancient companies of the City of London
wor•ship•ful(ˈwɜr ʃɪp fəl)
1. feeling or showing worship.
2. (cap.) Brit. a formal title of honor (usu. prec. by the).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||worshipful - showing adoration |
reverent - feeling or showing profound respect or veneration; "maintained a reverent silence"
|2.||worshipful - showing great reverence for god; "a godly man"; "leading a godly life"|
pious - having or showing or expressing reverence for a deity; "pious readings"