wreathed(redirected from wreathedly)
Also found in: Legal.
v. wreathed, wreath·ing, wreathes
1. To twist or entwine into a wreath or a wreathlike shape: He wreathed flowers into a garland. He wreathed the cloth into a turban.
2. To crown or decorate with a wreath: The winner was wreathed with laurel.
3. To encircle or surround: The mountaintop is wreathed in mist.
4. To extend across; cover: Her face was wreathed in smiles.
5. To coil or curl: The snake wreathed itself around the branch.
To curl, writhe, or spiral: The smoke wreathed upward.