References in periodicals archive ?
Hot specials comprise of Lobster Wasabi Pepper - Maine lobster, sauteed mixed vegetables, and fresh ground black pepper; Squid Pasta - seared squid, sauteed mixed vegetables, Japanese 7 spice, and light garlic sauce; Chawanmushi - savory dashi egg custard; Beef Tenderloin Tobanyaki - grilled beef, caramelized onions, asparagus, shiitake, and butter yuzu sauce; Mushroom Kamameshi - Japanese kettle rice, mixed seasonal mushrooms, edamame, and shiitake broth; and Wagyu Beef Yakimono - grilled wagyu beef, miso mushrooms, aged balsamic reduction, and crispy garlic.
For our yakimono (grilled) course, a skin-on back fillet was roasted and served with a generous topping of unusually warm Tartaryaki sauce.
1938) created a work in the city of Tenjiku that consisted of "firing" the ground with a blowtorch, a gesture that can be said to constitute the zero degree of pottery: while in English the word pottery denotes the vessel-like form of the object, in Japanese yakimono (fired thing) stresses the passage of the object through fire.
Whence the creation of the term obuje-yaki, fired object, in distinction to the traditional word yakimono.
En 1592 emprendio una guerra contra el reino de Choson, conocida en Japon como yakimono senso, "guerra de la ceramica", y en los anales de la historia coreana como imdyin weran, "la guerra del ano del dragon de agua" (N.
Sauces used with shrimp include creamy garlic, butter garlic, yogurt garlic, creamy curry, Thai curry, sweet & sour, hot & spicy, natural saffron, tomato basil, smokey barbecue, honey mustard and yakimono.
Choose foods described as yakimono, which means grilled," advised the monthly "to do list" in the April Men's Health.
Single and group orders of premium sushi, sashimi, tempura, yakimono, teppan and other mouth-watering Japanese goodies are in Saisaki's G2Go menu.
Although the whole production is at the discretion of the artist (read: the chef), a kaiseki is served in a traditional order: sakizuke, an amuse-bouche; hassun, which sets the season's theme and usually includes sushi and several small side dishes; mukozuke, the sashimi; takiawase, vegetables served with meat, fish or tofu; futamono, typically a soup served with a lid; yakimono, a grilled dish; suzakana, a small dish used to refresh the palate; hiyashi-bachi for summer meals, usually lightly cooked vegetables; naka-choko, another palate-cleansing soup; shiizakana, a main dish; gohan, a rice dish; ko-no mono, pickled vegetables; tome-wan, a vegetable soup served with the rice; and mizumono, a dessert.
Before the yakimono or grilled course, a young chef came in with a basket of jumping sweetfish or ayu, as if to show us how fresh the next dish was going to be.
Dictionary browser ?
- Yagi aerial
- yah-boo politics
- yak butter
- Yak lace
- yak's milk
- Yakut Autonomous Republic
- Yale Elihu
- Yale lock
- Yale University
- Yalow Rosalyn Sussman
- Yalta Conference
- Yalu River
Full browser ?
- Yakima Tributary Access and Habitat Program
- Yakima Valley Audubon Society
- Yakima Valley College
- Yakima Valley Community Band
- Yakima Valley Community College
- Yakima Valley Conference of Governments
- Yakima Valley Credit Union
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
- Yakima Valley Genealogical Society
- Yakima Valley Iris Society
- Yakima Valley Junior College
- Yakima Valley Kennel Club
- Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital
- Yakima Valley Opportunities Industrialization Center
- Yakima Valley Peace Advocates Network
- Yakima Valley Rail and Steam Museum Association
- Yakima Valley Regional Library
- Yakima Valley Soccer Referee Association
- Yakima Valley Transportation Company
- Yakima Valley Trolley
- Yakima Water Transfer Working Group
- Yakima YMCA
- Yakima Youth Soccer Association
- Yakima, WA, USA - Yakima Air Terminal
- Yakima, Washington
- Yakima, Washington
- Yakima, Washington
- Yakima-Tieton Irrigation District
- Yakima/Klickitat Fisheries Project
- Yakkum Emergency Unit
- Yakobson, Sergius O.
- Yakov Argunov
- Yakov Borisovich Zel'dovich
- Yakov Bruce
- Yakov Rostovtsev
- Yakovlev, Aleksandr Nikolayevich