Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to yapping: reinstate
v. yapped, yap·ping, yaps
1. To bark sharply or shrilly; yelp.
2. Slang To talk noisily or stupidly; jabber.
To utter by yapping.
1. A sharp, shrill bark; a yelp.
2. Slang Noisy, stupid talk; jabber.
3. Slang The mouth: Shut your yap.
4. Slang A stupid, crude, or loud person.
An island group and state of the Federated States of Micronesia in the western Caroline Islands of the western Pacific Ocean. Part of a Japanese mandate after 1920, it fell to US forces in 1945. Yap is noted for the large stone disks traditionally used as money by the native population.
1. yelping; barking
2. informal censorious talking in an annoying manner
3. yelping; barking
4. informal censorious persistent, annoying talk