yearling(redirected from yearling disease)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. An animal that is one year old or has not completed its second year.
2. A racehorse that is one year old, dating from January 1 of the year in which it was foaled in the Northern Hemisphere, and from July 1 or August 1 in the Southern Hemisphere.
1. (Zoology) the young of any of various animals, including the antelope and buffalo, between one and two years of age
2. (Horse Racing) a thoroughbred racehorse counted for racing purposes as being one year old until the second Jan 1 following its birth
3. (Banking & Finance)
a. a bond that is intended to mature after one year
b. (as modifier): yearling bonds.
being a year old
1. an animal in its second year.
2. a horse one year old, dating from January 1 of the year after the year of foaling.adj.
3. being a year old.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||yearling - a young child|
|2.||yearling - a racehorse considered one year old until the second Jan. 1 following its birth|
|3.||yearling - an animal in its second year|