yeasty(redirected from yeastier)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
adj. yeast·i·er, yeast·i·est
1. Of, similar to, or containing yeast: yeasty dough.
2. Causing or characterized by unrest or agitation; turbulent: the yeasty days before the new government was established.
3. Frothy; frivolous: a yeasty comedy.
4. Full of productivity or vitality; exuberantly creative.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj, yeastier or yeastiest
1. (Biochemistry) of, resembling, or containing yeast
2. (Brewing) fermenting or causing fermentation
3. (Cookery) tasting of or like yeast
4. insubstantial or frivolous
5. restless, agitated, or unsettled
6. covered with or containing froth or foam
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
adj. yeast•i•er, yeast•i•est.
1. of, containing, or resembling yeast.
2. characterized by agitation, excitement, change, etc.
3. frothy; foamy.
4. youthful; ebullient.
5. trifling; frivolous.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||yeasty - of or resembling or containing yeast|
|2.||yeasty - marked by spirited enjoyment |
spirited - displaying animation, vigor, or liveliness
|3.||yeasty - exuberantly creative|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
yeasty[ˈjiːstɪ] adj (-ier (comp) (-iest (superl))) (smell, flavour) → di lievito
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995