stonecrop(redirected from yellow stonecrop)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of various plants of the genus Sedum and other genera such as Hylotelephium that were formerly classified in Sedum, having fleshy leaves and variously colored flowers and frequently grown in rock gardens. Also called sedum.
2. Any of various similar plants of the family Crassulaceae.
[Middle English, from Old English stāncropp : stān, stone; see stone + cropp, cluster, sprout.]
1. (Plants) any of various N temperate crassulaceous plants of the genus Sedum, having fleshy leaves and typically red, yellow, or white flowers
2. (Plants) any of various similar or related plants
[Old English: so named because it grows on rocks and walls]
1. any plant of the genus Sedum, esp. a mosslike herb, S. acre, having small, fleshy leaves and yellow flowers, frequently growing on rocks and walls.
2. any of various related plants.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stonecrop - any of various northern temperate plants of the genus Sedum having fleshy leaves and red or yellow or white flowers|
genus Sedum - large genus of rock plants having thick fleshy leaves
sedum - any of various plants of the genus Sedum