Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
v. zonked, zonk·ing, zonks Slang
1. To cause to be asleep. Often used with out: My roommate was zonked out on the couch.
2. To stupefy or intoxicate with drugs or alcohol: "zonk their patients with tranquilizers" (Psychology Today).
1. To go to sleep or be asleep. Often used with out.
2. To become intoxicated with drugs or alcohol.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Recreational Drugs) highly intoxicated from drugs or alcohol
2. utterly exhausted
[C20: of imitative origin]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. stupefied from or as if from alcohol or drugs; high.
2. exhausted or asleep.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
1. Slang. Stupefied, intoxicated, or otherwise influenced by the taking of drugs:
2. Slang. Stupefied, excited, or muddled with alcoholic liquor:
Slang: blind, bombed, boozed, boozy, crocked, high, lit (up), loaded, looped, pickled, pixilated, plastered, potted, sloshed, smashed, soused, stinking, stinko, stoned, tight.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
zonked[zɒŋkt] ADJ (also zonked out)
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
zonked[zɒŋkt] adj (fam) (exhausted) → distrutto/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995